The first three days of school weren't bad at all. I'm thinking this blog's more like semi-fiction now. I don't actually believe everything I blogged about over the summer because they didn't actually happen like I typed them in here. My current journal's just like this, a mid-size silver book of pretense. I know it's blurring reality but I don't do anything about it because I don't have to.
(Onto a real topic...)
I think it was lunchtime yesterday when I sat on the floor, and saw a weird picture of why world peace wouldn't come in this lifetime. There was a flock of people right in front of I-2's blackboard. I've known those people for years and I know I've never seen them all huddled together so close like that. Maybe their group's just one big tattered blanket woven with flimsy multi-colored (to the point of asymmetry) threads. Friends of friends of friends grouped together, in other words.
If I were to be a painter, I would spend years perfecting my portrayal of this scene. The whole thing is set in your average classroom during free time. Two people were dancing in plaid skirts like maidens in a musical. There's this girl with homicidal eyes behind them, a little detached from her own group, glaring at the dancing girls. They do look like madwomen for several obvious reasons but Homicidal Eyes made their dance look like a felony.
It was an accidental glance, how I've come to notice them. I'll see them in my peripheral vision wherever I look anyway. There's really nothing remotely funny or fascinating about it but the fact that I'm witnessing suppressed drama was worth posting about. I might just be making a big deal out of this but I just find it weird how people could act so self-righteous and disdainful over the innocence of others.
But maybe that's the whole point of it?
My dad's old self-help books were right. If you get the chance, look around and observe people's eyes, specifically the area from their eyebrows to their eye bags in a non-stalker way (if that's even possible). Just look in the eyes when they're not looking because that's the time they're not pulling off false smiles or p-p-poker faces. I know it's cliché but it's a reliable cliché.
That is all.
(Onto a real topic...)
I think it was lunchtime yesterday when I sat on the floor, and saw a weird picture of why world peace wouldn't come in this lifetime. There was a flock of people right in front of I-2's blackboard. I've known those people for years and I know I've never seen them all huddled together so close like that. Maybe their group's just one big tattered blanket woven with flimsy multi-colored (to the point of asymmetry) threads. Friends of friends of friends grouped together, in other words.
If I were to be a painter, I would spend years perfecting my portrayal of this scene. The whole thing is set in your average classroom during free time. Two people were dancing in plaid skirts like maidens in a musical. There's this girl with homicidal eyes behind them, a little detached from her own group, glaring at the dancing girls. They do look like madwomen for several obvious reasons but Homicidal Eyes made their dance look like a felony.
It was an accidental glance, how I've come to notice them. I'll see them in my peripheral vision wherever I look anyway. There's really nothing remotely funny or fascinating about it but the fact that I'm witnessing suppressed drama was worth posting about. I might just be making a big deal out of this but I just find it weird how people could act so self-righteous and disdainful over the innocence of others.
But maybe that's the whole point of it?
My dad's old self-help books were right. If you get the chance, look around and observe people's eyes, specifically the area from their eyebrows to their eye bags in a non-stalker way (if that's even possible). Just look in the eyes when they're not looking because that's the time they're not pulling off false smiles or p-p-poker faces. I know it's cliché but it's a reliable cliché.
That is all.