Friday, January 23

The "The"

I'm reading two books (Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) and, well, they've both got ampersands. Which is pretty cool. I think I misplaced the latter somewhere in my bedroom but anyway, I'm hoping to finish both before Monday.

Historical Fiction.

That's the genre of the latter book. I'm more into plain YA fiction, which mostly excludes anything extraordinary, like shimmering vampires or multi-headed dragons or homosexual heroes. Very few books with these elements become my favorites but I'm hoping for a shift in my preferences.

Or maybe I just miss Seth Cohen?

The O.C. was a good show, to say the least. I know it's long gone and canceled from our TV sets because of, um, low ratings, but Seth Cohen's memes stay with me. I still like Death Cab for Cutie and I'm considering reading all these books about the misadventures of fictional Jewish people even if I'm barely interested. (Is that right?)

I don't know if it shows or if it matters at all, but I have (ridiculously) patterned the titles of my posts after said show's episode names, which explains the ever-present "The".

It's not very quaint, I know. I'm not trying to make anything, like, theatrical. I'm not exactly a creative person. The same goes for this post. I just wanted to secure my tenth post for January on this date.