As per familial traditions, we had dinner on Christmas Eve. It was nothing extravagant. We were mostly feeding on stolen recipes from back issues of some culinary magazine.
But I had to ask myself what the hell I just did when I imbibed white wine. I only had very little of it but it stung hard. Maybe I was just too young. But it felt like I was choking on death. I spent a while trying to disgorge the fluids to no avail.
My mom just laughed. It was her idea to have me exposed to all those crazy concoctions. I laughed for the sake of laughing and then headed to my room. I don't know what was keeping me awake but I could barely lie down until around 4:30 AM.
I spent time reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It probably is my second favorite book now but apparently, it was too short. It's a great piece of literature, nonetheless. It reminded me a lot of J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.
I'll leave out the part when I woke up and freaked out from all those carolers and their undying clamors for cash. But it's part of the occasion's revelries, I guess. I kept my frenzy to a minimal until they left (in dismay).
This is a brief retelling of the tedious occasion. It strays from the usual format of this blog but I'm not about to copy-paste it to any of my other blogs.
In conclusion, I think I'm happy.
(Although nobody reads this, I can't think of a better way to end this than with a greeting.)
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays to all.
My mom just laughed. It was her idea to have me exposed to all those crazy concoctions. I laughed for the sake of laughing and then headed to my room. I don't know what was keeping me awake but I could barely lie down until around 4:30 AM.
I spent time reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It probably is my second favorite book now but apparently, it was too short. It's a great piece of literature, nonetheless. It reminded me a lot of J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.
I'll leave out the part when I woke up and freaked out from all those carolers and their undying clamors for cash. But it's part of the occasion's revelries, I guess. I kept my frenzy to a minimal until they left (in dismay).
This is a brief retelling of the tedious occasion. It strays from the usual format of this blog but I'm not about to copy-paste it to any of my other blogs.
In conclusion, I think I'm happy.
(Although nobody reads this, I can't think of a better way to end this than with a greeting.)
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays to all.